Next High AIMS Executive Director Named
Kelly Spivey, Superintendent of the Talawanda School District, has been selected as the next Executive Director of the High AIMS consortium effective August 1, 2018. She succeeds Dr. Mary Jo Scalzo who is retiring after leading the organization since 2013. Ms. Spivey’s new role at High AIMS begins at the conclusion of her successful 15-year career with Talawanda, 7 years of which were as Superintendent.
The Vision of High AIMS is to create a network of leaders who inspire students and one another to be engaged, high performing learners.
This consortium of public school districts, working with our communities and with partners in higher education, business and industry:
• Embraces a global scope
• Grapples with real world challenges
• Confidently collaborates
• Creates a joyful and meaningful learning culture
• Celebrates personalized learning.
The Mission of High AIMS is to support the work of districts in creating learning environments that:
- ENGAGE all students and educators in rigorous learning experiences
- PREPARE graduates for college and careers
- RESULT in exemplary levels of achievement.
We participate in collaborative partnerships and networks, apply research, design high quality professional opportunities, and create and implement outstanding programs that support and enhance the work of educators and students.